Site Under Construction
Almost time to drop the flag on the 2016 Race Season at Thunder Mountain Speedway! We have been busy getting our facility ready including a new tech pad and pit concession and for the Season Opener when we will welcome the WESCAR LATE MODEL TOURING SERIES. Also on May 28th, our local classes will vie for double points to kick start their season.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our sponsors for their continued support. New this year, is Canadian Tire Day, Cariboo Towing Day, Dairy Queen Day, and Downtown Towing Day. Check out the schedule for race dates and times.We are looking forward to an exciting season and invite you all to join us for some Thunder on the Mountain.
TRI-CITY RACE SERIES
2016 Street Stock Tri-City Running Rules and Agreement
It is to be noted that the Tri-City races are 1 day races, and in some cases there will be a combination of Tri-City cars, running for Tri-City points and Invitational points, as well as invitational cars running for Invitational points and pay-outs.
* All cars entered must comply with the below mentioned set of Core running rules, and bring a copy of their Club’s Rule Book as well.
* Any non-northern (the Tri-City Race Tracks) drivers and cars may purchase a $40.00 Thunder Mountain Speedway Club Membership. They must conform 100% to the TMS Street Stock Rules package and be open to a full technical inspection at each race.
* Tri-City Race Officials reserve the right to run qualifier races or B mains in cases of extremely large car counts.
* There will be a $50 dollar one time 2016 registration fee to compete in the series. Once drivers have registered than they will be eligible for all championship points earned and pay-outs, no matter how many races they attend. This fee will help with costs of advertising and all other moneys will go directly back into the point’s fund.
* All cars will have to run a decal package and will be told where decals need to be placed.
Kane and the team at FBB Chartered Professional Accountants LLP have decided to return as the series sponsor again kicking in $5,000 towards the year-end championship point’s fund. Zimmer Autogroup has also come on board and committed $3,000 with Finish line Racing Products returning again as an associate sponsor with a renewed commitment of $1,500. Bentley Motorsports will be sponsoring the Fast Time winners as well, kicking in $100 per race. Each club has agreed on upping their contribution to $1450 towards a year end points fund, with an additional $100 each for trophies for the top 5 in points. Drivers whom plan on competing in this series will be responsible for filling out a 2016 Tri-City Registration form at or before Race # 1 in Williams Lake. Transponders and RACE-ceiver radios will be used at all 3 Races and can be rented or purchased from Lynn Dunford @ TMS. ALL moneys raised will go towards advertising and the year end points fund; financial records available upon request.
2016 Tri-City Core Running Rules
*Spec. Headers are allowed; SCHOENFELD ONLY:
SCH-185 72-87 MALIBU/MONTE/GP/CUTLASS/REGAL/70-81 CAMARO
SCH-185M SAME AS 185, BUT FITS STOCK MANUAL CLUTCH LINKAGE
SCH-165 70-81 CAMARO/75-79 NOVA/64-77 CHEVELLE/72-77 MONTE
SCH-115 67-69 CAMARO/68-74 CHEVY2-NOVA
* 1.625" PRIMARIES, 3.0" COLLECTOR. One tube on the right side can be altered to clear upper A-arm.
THUNDER MOUNTAIN SPEEDWAY
STREET STOCK CAR CRATE MOTOR RULES 2016-2020
The GM 602 part #88958602 steel headed crate motor is the only crate motor allowed.
TIME TRIAL POINTS:
Number of cars will determine the total number of points for qualifying. The fastest qualifier will receive the same number of points as there are cars. Others will receive one point diminishing as per qualifying time.
There will be no positions gained in dashes or heats. Points awarded in all dashes.
A DASH: 1st - 5 points; 2nd - 4 points; 3rd – 3 points; 4th – 2 points
B DASH: 1st – 4 points; 2nd – 3 points; 3rd - 2 points; 4th -1 point
C DASH 1st - 3 points; 2nd - 2 points; 3rd - 1 point; 4th – 1 point
D DASH 1st – 2 points; 2nd – 1 point; 3rd 1 point; 4th -1 point
All other dashes will receive 1 point total to start and finish.
A HEAT: 1st - 5 points; 2nd - 4 points; 3rd - 3 points; all others receive 1 point for starting and 1 point for finishing
B HEAT: 1st – 4 points; 2nd – 3 points; all others receive 1 point
1st – 10 points + passing points *** (1 point for every position gained based off of your qualifying result, no matter where you started on the track)
2nd – 9 points + passing points
3rd – 8 points + passing points
4th – 7 points + passing points
5th – 6 points + passing points
6th – 5 points + passing points
7th – 4 points + passing points
8th – 3 points + passing points
9th – 2 points + passing points
10th – 1 point + passing points
All other cars will receive 1 point for starting and 1 point for finishing + passing points ***(1 point for every position gained based off of your qualifying result, no matter where you started on the track)